Last Updated: January 29, 2024
The Information We Collect
When you visit our Service, we may collect information regarding your visit from your computer. Such information helps us to determine information about how you found our Service, the date you visited our Service, and search engines that may have led you to our Service. We collect this information in order to continually improve and enhance the functionality of the Service.
Generally, you may provide us with two types of information, User Content, which may include Personally Identifiable Information, and Website Usage information, both are discussed in greater detail below.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
- Sign-Up Information and Profile. We will ask you to provide certain information if you choose to register with our Service, including your name, email address, your date of birth, address, telephone number, and other information which identifies you (collectively “Personally Identifiable Information”).
- User Content. Our Service may offer its users the opportunity to post User Content, comments, reviews, and tag messages via bulletin boards, blogs, articles, chat rooms, and social media. If you choose to use these features, you should be aware that any Personally Identifiable Information you submit through these public Service features can be read, collected, or used by other viewers and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personally Identifiable Information you choose to submit in these public forums of the Service.
- Questionnaires and Surveys. We may occasionally ask users of our Service to complete online surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls about the Service and their activities, attitudes, and interests. These surveys help us to better serve you and improve the usefulness and features of the Service. In requesting your participation, we may ask you to provide your name and email address to us.
- Contact Us. If you email us through the link on our Service, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, and phone number so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via email, we may retain the content of your messages, your email address, and our response to you. In certain cases, and with your permission, we may post content from your emails on the Service.
- Credit Card Information. We collect billing and credit card information when you choose to use our Service. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
Website Usage Information
- IP Address and Clickstream Data. Our servers automatically collect data about your Internet Protocol address when you visit us. When you request pages from our Website, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Website; the website you visit after this Website; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Website or a referral website; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to analyze general usage patterns, and to administer our Website. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. We may aggregate user information in a non-personally identifiable manner to share with advertisers, to enhance the Website with new features, and for our general business purposes.
Any or all of these activities with regard to the above-described Website Usage Information may be performed on our behalf by our third-party service providers.
How We Use Your Information
- Personal Information. If you submit information to us through the Service, including registration and profile information, then we use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service. We will use your email address to complete the signup process. By providing your email address to Fit Buddha, you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including among other things notices required by law, in lieu of postal mail. You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to Service features and special offers.
- Usage Information. We use non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as anonymous Website use data and IP addresses, to improve the quality and design of the Service and to create new features and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing your preferences and trends. We may use such information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or subsequent visits to the Service; (b) provide customized content and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic; (d) diagnose or fix technology problems; (e) access your information after you sign in; (f) market our Service to advertisers and other third parties; (g) aggregate general User and Member statistics including demographic and geographic information; and (h) other purposes for which your personal identity is not revealed.
- Location-Based Services. We collect location-based information in order to provide the specific location-based services that you request. You understand that certain location-based services require a location to function properly and your use of our Service on your mobile device with such features enabled signifies your agreement to use your location for the purposes of the Service.
When We Share Information
Fit Buddha will not share or sell customer information, including your mobile information, to third parties or affiliates for marketing/ promotional purposes. All other categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
We may share non-Personally Identifiable Information (such as anonymous Website and/or mobile application use data) with third-parties to assist them in understanding our Service, including Users’ use of our Service and the services we provide and the success of advertisements and promotions.
We may share non-personally identifiable aggregated user data, such as aggregated gender, age, geographic, and usage data (without the inclusion of a user’s name or other identifying information) to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes.
We may share location-based information with third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes if you have allowed location-based services as described above.
Fit Buddha may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred or shared with the third party.
Rights to Opt-In/ Opt-Out
We respect your privacy and you have the right to “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain of our uses of your Personally Identifiable Information. This includes both email and SMS notifications with updates, promotions, and important alerts regarding our Services. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
With SMS notifications, message and data rates may apply and you may reply STOP to opt-out of messaging; reply HELP for additional messaging help. Message frequency may vary based on usage.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important and is mandated by U.S. law. For these reasons, Fit Buddha does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information on the Service from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Service is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you must not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner or provide any information to the Service. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on our Service, we will delete the information from our records.
Our Commitment To Data Security
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personally Identifiable Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Such measures include, but are not limited to, the utilization of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to transmit sensitive information through the Service. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your Personally Identifiable Information at your own risk.
By physical mail at:
23A W. Gutierrez St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101